Sunday, September 14, 2014

Play

I was at a bar with E. Apparently this was her idea. We sat down at a table and chatted for awhile. And then came the drinks. I ordered one, and then E decided it would be a good idea to order five. "Hey, do you really think that's a good idea? I thought you said your tolerance wasn't great." She responded by laughing and nothing else. Her drinks were served by the waitress one-by-one. And one-by-one, E downed each cocktail quickly. I took a look around the bar for a bit and noticed it was also an arcade. Somewhere towards the back, I spot S standing at an arcade cabinet with a line forming around him. I guess he had a win streak going on. I look back to E and her face is rosy. That aside, she had no other signs of being intoxicated. She got up and ran off. I quickly pay for our bill and try to find her.

The arcade section of the bar was a lot bigger than I thought it was. I couldn't find E, so I went to go say hello to S. I decided against it. I looked at the arcade screen from the back of the crowd, and the screen displayed 78 wins. So decided to keep looking for E. When I did, I found her at a racing game. She may not have been acting drunk, but her driving in that video game sure was. Maybe the alcohol hit harder when she got up to walk around. I see all of the other players focused on winning the race, and E is driving the wrong way against the flow of cars crashing her car into the other players.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment