Saturday, September 6, 2014

Burn

I was out walking late at night. I didn't see anyone else. I was alone, walking along a sidewalk. The sidewalk was cracked and old. It hadn't been repaired in quite some time. The streetlights were dim and it made it hard to see what's in front of me. What felt like hours later, I found a flashlight in front of me. I picked it up and turned it on. I could finally see what's in front, but it was nothing special. Just more old, busted sidewalk. I kept walking on, and I could feel the flashlight in my hands getting warmer. A little while longer, and it started getting uncomfortably warm. I didn't let go of it because I wanted to see ahead of myself. Then at some point, it started burning my hand. I still didn't let go. I heard a voice. It was an old man saying, "Stubborn fool, aren't you? Can't go on without seeing what's ahead, so you choose to burn yourself."

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment