Monday, June 30, 2014

Stable

I was stuck on an island. It seemed that no one else was on this island. I was there alone, all to myself. This island was completely untouched by civilization. The island was a place completely claimed by nature. I had nothing else I could do but survive. And so I did. I felt like I was there trying to survive for months. Each passing moment was a fight to survive and filled with solitude. I spent a lot of time wondering how long I'd be there, or if I'd ever see my friends again. I then began to wonder... How did I arrive at this island...? I couldn't recall how I got to the island. Not just in the context of remembering the details of a dream, but within the dream itself. That island was peaceful, but eerily quiet. If no one had ever been there before, then maybe I didn't belong there. There weren't even any animals or fish in the beach. I survived eating wild fruits. Come to think of it, this island was strange. It almost never rained, yet the plant life continues to flourish. Fruits replenish themselves very frequently. And when it did rain, it only rained briefly and lightly for a few minutes. The tide almost never changes and the waves always flow into the beach gently. It was never too hot or too cold, too humid or too dry. Everything was too... Stable. I decided to leave the island. I had no plan, I just wanted to leave. I walked into the ocean at the nearest shore and started swimming out into the ocean.

I don't know how long I was swimming for, but at some point I encountered a boat. More like a yacht or something fancy like that. I looked up and saw a man in a suit holding a cocktail aboard the boat. It was P. He said to me, "I wouldn't do that if I were you." Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment