Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Hunting

I got out of a bed and glanced out of the window. I was on the second floor of an old, medieval-style building. I think I was at an inn. Looking outside the window, I saw that this building was in a small town. S was with me. "Good to go?" he asked. "Yeah." I replied. I don't know why I said that. I didn't know what we were doing. S went over to a closet and opened it. Inside were weapons and armor. I thought I was gonna be going into a war, but I looked a little more closely at the armor. It seemed to be made of a mix of bones and steel. A lot of them were worn out. There were dents, large scratches, and bite marks all over them. The weapons didn't seem like they'd be used in any sort of combat with out people. They were all large and over sized. "What are these even for?" I asked. S just gave me this look of "you already know" and then handed me a set of armor and a large sword. We put on the armors and strapped the swords on our backs and headed downstairs.

On the first floor, we were greeted by E and G. "Try to catch it, we need to study it. It's kind of huge, so be careful" E said. G then says with a grin, "I'd join you, but I'm not in the business of getting mauled to death." Me and S make our way to the door. The small town was lively, plenty of people walking around and children playing. I can't remember a lot about the town, but I do remember what happened outside of it.

Me and S were in a large field. The plains of grass stretched out for miles and miles. Whatever we were trying to catch wasn't showing up. The sun started to set, it looked like it was slowly falling into the grass farther away from us. Suddenly, it showed up. We didn't hear it, we didn't feel its footsteps, no nothing. It was a large creature maybe six or seven feet tall that resembled a buffalo. It charged straight at me. S ran off to the side while it came towards me, and I turned around and started running. While running, apparently S got a good hit on the thing after he sneaked off. We messed up, and it was dead. "Should we still take it back?" I asked. "No." S said back. He started up a small campfire. "Couldn't E still study it even if it's dead?" I said, "I dunno, but I'm hungry." S replied.

Then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment