Monday, April 21, 2014

Chirp Chirp

I was at home relaxing from school. I returned a little later than usual, so I was pretty tired. There were some small messes around the house, so I cleaned up a little bit. A little while later, the doorbell rings all of a sudden. I go to answer it, and standing there is E. She's holding a box which she hands to me. "This is important." she tells me. Before I can ask why, she promptly leaves. I close the door and take the box over to the counter in the kitchen. The box isn't sealed, but the lid on top is firmly kept in place. I open it gently and see that there are eggs. Lots of them. This box was about the size of a shoe box, but somehow, it had more space inside of it. I was taking out eggs, and whenever I looked back into the box, there were only more eggs, just deeper. That box was practically a portal to a space that had eggs in them. There was no where I could keep these eggs, so I started to return them back into the box. But then something happened...

ALL OF THE EGGS STARTED HATCHING. All of them. Out of these small eggs, various different birds hatched out and started pouring out of the box. Chickens, ducks, pigeons, quails, and whatever else. The entire kitchen was filled with baby birds. I forced the the lid of the box on to stop the oncoming... Storm of birds. It wasn't working very well. Box in hand, I made my way to the front door to get rid of the box and try and release the birds from my house. Opening the door, E was there and she took back the box. She smiled and said, "My research is complete. Okay thanks, bye." and then left again. I went out into the neighborhood chasing after her to ask about what that meant while a ton of birds followed me. I never reached her, and then I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment